As a former English teacher, I love to talk to kids about writing! I’m happy to do both large-group talks (with plenty of interaction) and small writing workshops for grades 3-8. Let me know your needs–I can do or adapt any of the following:
- A reading from any of my books, followed by a freewheeling Q&A
- Interactive talk: “How to Get Published,” sharing early rejection letters, discussing importance of editorial feedback and revision, writing as a “team sport”
- Interactive talk: “How Writers Get Ideas”
- Creative Writing Workshop: “Creating Realistic Characters”
- Interactive Talk: “How to Do Research for Fiction”
- Interactive Talk: “How to Write about Challenging Topics in a Kid-Friendly Way”
I do free thirty-minute Q and A Skype visits for groups that have read any of my books. Longer Skype presentations are available for a fee. School visits are about one hour long including Q and A with students plus book-signing time. I offer half-day and full-day visits. I’ll do up to three programs in one visit, and I’m comfortable with any size audience.
To schedule an appearance, please email me at email@example.com.
Books can be ordered through my publisher: firstname.lastname@example.org.