Aladdin MIX, Paperback, ISBN 978-1416994145
Buy from: Indiebound · Amazon · Barnes & Noble
A new best friend causes chaos when she convinces Evie to play matchmaker for their 7th grade teachers!
"Dee neatly captures the interactions of middle-schoolers and in Francesca provides a character who, while larger-than-life, still fits well into the seventh-grade milieu. A quick, fun read."—Booklist
"Great Book Club Books from 2010"—MotherDaughterBookClub.com
- Evie says that Francesca is a “good friend” but a “terrible partner.” Do you agree? What’s the difference between a friend and a partner?
- Girls and their moms: Is Evie like her mom? Is Francesca like hers? What about Nisha and her mom?
- What is Espee trying to tell Evie in their last conversation?
- Who would you rather have as a bff –Nisha or Francesca? Who would you rather have as a boyfriend – Quentin or Zane? How have Evie’s standards for girl–and boy–friendships changed by the end of the book?
- What do you think will happen in the future with LilyNishaEvieFrancesca?
- “History is a story we tell ourselves.” Do you agree with Evie’s interpretation of Espee’s lesson?